Friday, February 20, 2009

It Just Might Work

Matthew is determined to help spring arrive. Perhaps if he could simply mow the snow away, we would have green grass, sunny skies, and flowers again!








At last! A patch of green in the frigid landscape. Get out the kites! Get out the sunscreen! Get out the bikes and splash pool! Too bad spring doesn't really get here until mid April...



We had a brief warm-up and I found daffodils sprouting out of the ground. Granted, today they are buried under another 4 inches of snow, but knowing they are there gives me hope for warmer days!

2 comments:

VBnBama said...

would you look at that!! I think it's working.
My kids would love to see that much snow, they've never even been snowed in. Down here, back when I was little we could always count on getting snowed in every year, even for one day....the last time it snowed (enough to mention) was 8 yrs ago, when I was pregnant w/Gage, 10 inches in one morning, but it melted by lunch and I had to go to work afterall.

leah said...

Ugh- we'll gladly send you some of our snow! We're completely covered again- getting 4-6 inches by tomorrow morning. We're getting a tad sick of the white stuff, haha!