Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Who's Your Daddy?


Nolan has quite a few "friends" that have been joining him at bedtime. The number has topped fifteen stuffed animals, and it can be hard to find the boy among the bears, lions, frogs, and puppies!

I asked him if he really enjoyed all of his animals, and he told me,

"I have lots of kids."

Oh, I thought - that is so sweet! I asked him if he was a good daddy to his kids. He looked at me blankly and simply replied,

"Oh, I'm not their daddy. The lion is."

Apparently, Nolan is simply the caretaker for the diverse offspring of the lion. And don't ask me how a lion becomes the father of a frog, a dog, and several bears. Some things need to be taken at face value.

Matt liked the idea of having a bed full of animals, so he copied Nolan's plan and ended up with several "friends" in his bed, too.


Sometimes the cuteness is overwhelming! Goodnight from the boys!

3 comments:

MB said...

Mari has already informed me that she is going to have two kids but she is not going to be the mommy because she does not want to have babies in her tummy, so her wife will be the one having the babies in HER tummy.

leah said...

Mari is a very, very smart little girl! ROFL!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

I love the way his mind works ;D