Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mother's Day Recap


Mother's Day is absolutely fabulous when you have four and six year old children. They find endless joy in making presents and are quite proud of their mommy when she visits their classroom. The weekend started off with Nolan's class tea party for mothers. The kids sang three songs, including "I Love Mommy."



 We had cookies, punch, and Nolan gave me his Mother's Day gift.



I planted the sunflower a few weeks later when we were past danger of frost - he was so very proud of his flower! Matt made me a beautiful card and brought me some radishes he had planted. Unfortunately, our dog ate his Mother's Day gift! He was devastated, so his teacher let him bring home a corn plant as a replacement gift on the following Monday. Unfortunately, a deer ate that - there is no winning with the wildlife (domestic or otherwise) around these parts! His card, however, was beautiful.


He drew our raised beds and some flowers growing in them. We planted a lot of seeds in the beds to replace the gifts that got eaten! He also wrote about his mommy - it is funny to see what is in the minds of six year olds!


My favorite is the magnet he made for me, with his kindergarten-sized hand print.


It was such a fantastic day with my two beautiful boys and wonderful husband. What could be better than my three favorite people making French Toast for breakfast?


I think Mother's Day might turn into my favorite holiday!

No comments: