Sunday, August 24, 2008

Swim Class

Class is going "swimmingly"


There is a soundtrack here: "Nooooooo!"

Every Saturday, Dennis takes Matthew to a parent/child swimming class at the YMCA. Matthew is learning to be comfortable in the water, and will (hopefully) learn how to swim in a few more sessions. We have a small sailboat and love the beach, so it is important for the child to learn how to swim. Unfortunately, Matthew doesn't see the wisdom in this decision. A typical class session goes:

Getting in the water:

"Nooo! Daddy! Hold me!"

Using a flotation vest and swim noodle to swim the length of the pool:

"Get me! Daddy! Get me!"

Doing anything on his back:

"NOOOOooooooooOOOOOoooO!"

Creeping along the wall of the pool to find the ladder:

"Help me! Please! Help me!"

The funniest thing of all is that after he gets out of the pool, he cries because he wants to go swimming again.

No comments: