Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Big Boy Beds

We finally found a bunk bed that was not a bazillion dollars, but sturdy enough for two rambunctious boys. Matt and Nolan were both thrilled to get the new beds, though Matt was a little disappointed that we kept them separated as twin beds for the time being. Considering that he fell out of his bed that very night, we're pretty sure that was a wise decision!


We did have to ensure that Nolan's bed would pass the "bear test," in that it would hold a ridiculously large number of stuffed animals. Nolan was more than happy to settle into his bed once the "bear test" was completed!

5 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oooooo, it's a big day when you get your big boy beds!

And, BTW, I think you left me a comment, which I thought I clicked "post", but it disappeared.

Sorry. I'm a techno-clutz.

Julie

leah said...

I'm a regular old clutz- and I'm also forgetful. I have no idea what my comment was, lol!

I love the boys' beds. THough we're trying to convince them that they are NOT trampolines.

Kevin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin said...

I always wanted a bunk bed. It's weird to think that when you're a kid a bunk bed is such a cool thing but then when you're an adult you only picture bunk beds as fixtures in army barracks and prisons.

Well maybe that's just me

leah said...

Kevin, you always crack me up. I always wanted a bunk bed or a canopy bed as a kid. Matt's still a little disappointed that we won't "bunk" them, but we don't need anyone trying to parachute from the top bunk just yet!