Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Math Test

I am very, very behind in blogging about our life - goodness gracious, I still haven't posted about Christmas yet!

Anyhow, Matt brought home his math test today. I'm proud of the little guy - he is right on track with his math concepts and loves the subject.


He counts well up to 30 and can estimate. Did we do estimation in kindergarten? I'm not sure, but I know my kids are learning things well ahead of when I learned them.


He can skip count (by 2's) and understands which number is "less" vs. "more." He counts objects well (though he did write "12" as "21," he corrected it) and he can identify the number that comes after 15 and before 20, as the instructions state on the test.

It is exciting to watch him learn new concepts and to really enjoy the process.

Rock on, Matt-man!

1 comment:

Kyla said...

Awesome!

The other day I sent KayTar upstairs to do her math homework while I was prepping her feed to bring up to her. When I got there, she looked at me and smiled (clearly very proud) and said, "LOOK! I did my math with the CALCULATOR!" Haha! She thought she was so clever for figuring out that her calculator (which she mostly has because she likes to play office and make it type on the roll of paper) could do these math problems. She had no idea it wasn't allowed. LOL.