Friday, February 3, 2012

Piano Player

Matt started taking piano lessons two weeks ago. He has been working very hard, and can read the notes "C" and "D." He has homework each week in a "keynote speller," and I am so proud of his dedication to learning music!


He has learned four songs on the piano so far. The first three songs involved only the "C" note, played in whole notes ("Let's Play"), half notes ("Grandfather's Clock") and quarter notes ("Moccasin Dance").



He was so excited to add a second note last week, and got to learn to play "The Train."


 I am so proud of my little guy. I can't wait to see him learn to play more songs - the next song in the book is "Sea Bees," which is the exact opposite the "The Train" (using the left hand to play).

Music makes him happy. I love it.

No comments: