Monday, November 5, 2012

Little Jedis


The boys wanted to dress up as Jedis this year for Halloween. Matt found an Anakin Skywalker costume he liked, and Nolan wanted to be Obi-Wan Kenobi.


We wanted to get them Jedi robes to put over their costumes, but the robes were $30 each at the costume store. Dennis pulled out the sewing machine, figured out how to wind the bobbin, and sewed the boys these nifty felt Jedi robes. I'm impressed, because I still have no idea how to wind a bobbin.


I took these pictures before we headed out to Zoo Boo at the Erie Zoo. I have no pictures of the actual trick-or-treating event, mostly because my camera doesn't work well in the dark. They were really cute together.



I have to admit, though, that I am glad the craziness of the trick-or-treating season is behind us. The sugar highs and constant party atmosphere created two very wound-up little boys!



Here's to a quieter November, with its gray days and much more sedate holiday of Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh my gosh, Leah, they are ADORABLE! And kudos to Dennis for sewing the robes!

Julie

dlefler said...

He did a really great job! I was impressed - I am useless with a sewing machine. I make great cookies, but am horrible at sewing!