Sunday, August 23, 2009

We Really Need to Invest in Tide

Dennis had a softball game, but it was threatening to rain and I didn't quite feel like chasing two boys up the bleachers during a downpour. So the boys and I snuggled up on the couch to watch yet another round of the movie Cars.
The phone rang, and my friend called to tell me I needed to get to Bergman Park, stat. There was a big dirt pile, and the kids were having a great time. I grabbed some towels, two boys who were already rather dirty, and my keys. We pulled into the ball field and discovered something more than a dirt pile. It was, in fact, Dirt Heaven.


A giant anthill of dirt, swarming with children. Perfect for making slides, or roads, or whatever else children do with enormous quantities of dirt.




I'm really glad we decided to head out to the park, though next time I think I will bring a pressure washer to save the bathtub from the trauma of removing approximately 100 tons of dirt from two small boys!

3 comments:

Apraxia Mom said...

Love it! You even make a dirt pile look fun! My kids would probably eat the dirt! YUK!

Did you take Nolan's aides off so he wouldn't bury them?

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh man... my boys SO would have loved that!

Julie

leah said...

I left his aids on- luckily he hasn't had the idea to bury them yet. Though there is always the chance he will take them off and throw them! He's been pretty good lately about bringing them to me when he is "done" with them (sometimes they get put right back into his ears, sometimes I let them stay out, depending on how close to naptime we are).

Julie, it was boy heaven. Honestly, everyone should have a giant pile of dirt in their local area!