Friday, February 5, 2010

Tonka Grand Prix

My boys love trucks. Especially big yellow Tonka trucks that can be run through mud, snow, and grass. They love crashing the trucks, "fixing" the trucks, and hauling things in their trucks. Their favorite activity, however, is racing their trucks. I haven't quite figured out the course, but the race involves several circuits on the driveway followed by a random pattern through the snow.

On Your Marks!

Going Off-Road

The Crane Is In The Lead

The Dump Truck Wins!

The race is only finished when cold little drivers request some hot cocoa or cookies- the perfect prize for the winners of the Tonka Grand Prix!

2 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Wow. I see more of a brotherly resemblance in these pictures than I have before. They sure are handsome guys!

I miss those Tonka days. Ours are mostly idle now.

leah said...

I dearly love our Tonka trucks. I will mourn the day they sit idle! Of course, then we get to play with real Legos, so I suppose it isn't all bad :-)

There are times they look a lot alike, then times that I wonder that they came from the same gene pool, lol!