Thursday, May 6, 2010

Oh, For the Love of Mud

Boys are dirt magnets. It is a law of physics: the universe is subject to entropy, and boys are subject to getting dirty. A crystal clear spring day dawns, and my boys will find the only mud puddle within a 2 mile radius. They'll jump into it with their only pair of tennis shoes, before I can find the rain boots. They'll splash each other until their faces are covered in wet clay. They'll get so sopping wet that they squelch when they walk.

They'll also have a moment of absolute joy.

My washing machine may go on strike today, and I can't say I blame it!

Mud shower!

You missed a spot.

Checking the water level.

Jumping for joy.

Emptying out the excess mud.

3 comments:

EmmaVerdona124 said...

I'm sure that must be fun!
I see your lil kid's buttcrack XD

leah said...

My poor kids have the chronic problem of being ridiculously skinny! Poor Matt wears "4 slim" jeans and they still slide down, lol.
We keep trying to put some meat on those bones!

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Hmmm, I see a future plumber :D

Cute pics!

Julie