Saturday, May 1, 2010

Twenty Questions


In the middle of a busy doctor's waiting room, Matt decided that "I Spy" had become passe. I had to find a new game, so I thought I'd try "Twenty Questions." After a few rounds of the game, Matt had the general idea. He decided it was his turn, so I started asking him questions:

"Is it alive?"

"Yes."

"Does it have feathers?"

"No."

"Does it move with legs?"

"No. It has wheels."

At this point, I thought his concept of "alive" was questionable.

"Is it a truck?"

"NO! Mom, it has fur."

By this point, I was thoroughly confused. An animal, with fur and wheels? I figured that his ability to understand this game was minimal, so I gave up and told him to tell me what the answer was. I figured he would say "train" or "elephant," and we could move on to another game.

No, he wanted me to guess. And after a long, long time of fruitless questioning, I finally begged him to tell me the answer. It turns out he was right- it was an animal, with fur. And it had four wheels. Care to guess what the item in question was?

A goat on a skateboard.

Well, why didn't I think of that in the first place?

1 comment:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

HA HA HA HA HA!

Ask him to draw it!