Sunday, October 21, 2012

Helping Out in the First Grade


Matt's teacher invites parent volunteers to come in and help with the class on occasion, and I was really excited to come into Matthew's class on October 10. He was so excited to see me, and we worked on Halloween crafts (a pumpkin-themed paper lantern, a bookmark with bats, and a sticker-created haunted house for their lockers). It was fun to see all the kids in his class and to spend time with him.


Matt was also excited that he got to leave school about 5 minutes early. I took a picture of him in front of his first-grade locker. I also managed to get a few shots of his work in the school hallways.



The amount of writing the kids do in first grade is much more than they did in Kindergarten. I really love seeing his artwork and writing samples - his reading skill level has skyrocketed, and he is only in the first quarter of first grade. I love the fact that he reads so well!

No comments: