Tuesday, October 2, 2012

One of Those Days

A couple of weeks ago, I had one of those days. The boys were off to school, and the pesticide guy arrived to spray a hornet's nest in the side of our house. He knocked on the door and said, "WHOA, what is wrong with your dog?"


Casey was swelling like a balloon, and I rushed inside to call the vet. The vet said to bring him in immediately, as he was having an allergic reaction. I jumped in the car, backed out, and immediately hit the pesticide guy's car.

Lovely.

Since I couldn't get to the vet, I had to call Dennis home from work so he could save our dog's life. Pesticide Guy had to file a police report since it was a company car, so I stayed in our driveway until the police officer arrived.

Fortunately, there wasn't much damage to either car (no damage to my car), and the dog survived. We do know that he has a serious bee allergy, so I'm glad that the hornet nest has been taken care of!

I did, however, learn that you can treat a dog with Benedryl to slow down the effects of an allergic reaction. It can buy some time, especially if the vet's office is far away or if you crash the car.


2 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh no! Double whammy! Glad it wasn't worse, I guess!

dlefler said...

Fortunately everything turned out all right in the end - the cars are OK and the dog is OK!