Saturday, April 25, 2009

California, Day 1: Party With Family and Friends

Nolan crashes after an exciting afternoon


The afternoon of April 5th was reserved for a get-together of family and friends. My aunts, uncles, some of my cousins, and some dear friends from my high school days came to visit. We had a lot of fun, and it was really neat watching all of our children play and egg hunt together.
The day was sunny and gorgeous. The kids all loved playing and romping in the yard, and we certainly missed being with friends who have kids in our kids' age ranges.

Matt and Miss E., discussing Easter candy with Miss I.

Matt and Miss E., "cooking."


Nolan getting help with an Easter Egg


Nolan figured out the candy thing pretty quickly!


Matt snags an egg!



The only sad thing is that we only had one weekend with my parents, and it is impossible to really talk with everyone in only one short afternoon. These are the times I pine for living close to family, because living 3000 miles away can be tough sometimes.

No comments: