Tuesday, April 28, 2009

California, Day 8: Easter

A-hunting we will go...


More candy? I LOVE California!


Nolan's a seasoned pro at this now


Since we live so very far from family, I was ecstatic that my husband's extended family made the long drives from Arizona and Nevada to come and see us. Even more exciting, my children were able to meet their cousins for the very first time!


One of Dennis's cousins bought the kids matching shirts and dresses, and another brought Easter Eggs, pails, and Sweet Pea seeds. I have to say, these kids are the cutest in the world! They also are among the most difficult to photograph en masse. We did get a shot of all the children, though at least one of them is looking away from the camera in each shot. With seven kids under the age of seven, what can you expect?


All seven children: Nolan (age 1), Kobe (6) holding Collin (7 months), Katie (5), Jake (4), Allison (2), and Matt (3). They were a busy group of kids!

Almost all of the kids: Nolan, Allison, Kobe, Katie, Jake, and Matt

Kobe, Katie, and Matt. I'm not sure what Matt is so excited about!


We ate tri-tip and barbequed chicken, pasta salad, deviled eggs, and a multitude of other things that kept us from meeting any diet goals this month! The great food was finished off with a big sheet cake. I had forgotten how much I loved strawberry filling- yum!

The girls eating cake

The boys eating cake- with much more gusto!

The food was excellent, the company was excellent, and we miss everyone quite a lot.

No comments: