Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Christmas Swag



I go to a Mothers of Preschoolers group (MOPS), and every meeting has a craft. In December, the craft is to make a "swag" out of live greens to hang on the door. Due to sick children, I have missed this event every. single. year.

This morning I woke to two very healthy boys. No fevers. No disgusting noses. Not one little cough. I loaded them up, dropped them off in the "Moppette" rooms (daycare) and headed for the pine. Not being the crafty type, I was quite thrilled to find there was no sewing, knitting, or other fine motor skills required. If you can twist a wire and lop off branches with a set of pruning shears, you're good to go. *

It is amazing how thrilled I am over a bunch of pine boughs. We've never had a wreath on our front door before, and I love it. And dear MOPS, I love you!

*Unless you want a bow. Then you need some skills. But if you attempt a bow and find it falling apart, and then look at your friend with sad eyes and a dangling, floppy bow, your friend might take pity on you and make a bow for you. Dear Rachel: I love you! Thank you for making me a bow, because otherwise I would have tied a shoelace on the top and called it good.

No comments: