Friday, December 11, 2009

Snowbox

We had a decent lake-effect snow storm come through the area last night, and the boys were eager to get out in the snow. Unfortunately, we live on a hill and had a lot of high winds with a windchill of 4 degrees, so I really wanted to keep the boys inside. I didn't want them to miss out on the snow, though, so I loaded up a plastic bin and brought the snow inside.

They've been playing with the snow in the bathtub all morning, and as it melts it just goes down the drain. The only thing better than a sandbox is a snowbox!





2 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

You are a GENIUS!!!

leah said...

I have to admit, I stole the idea from someone else. I don't remember the source, but I heard (or read) about snow-in-the-bathtub somewhere else.

It is a great idea, though- the boys really loved it and it kept them busy for quite a while. It is in the high 20's this morning and sunny, with sparkling deep snow. We're grabbing the sleds and hitting the slopes!