Monday, December 10, 2012

Fall Tree Art for Kids


I am not a very creative person. I am good at implementing other people's ideas, though, so I gave the tree art project from Pinterest a try. This one was so easy and made pretty art - and worked on the kids' fine motor skills at the same time.

I drew a tree trunk on each piece of paper, and gave each child a palette of tempera paint. I managed to snag some metallic and glitter paints from Michael's for a low price, and the kids really liked the colors. The kids used Q-tips to make the fall "leaves" around the trees.


Matt is nearly seven and loved the project. Nolan really loved it, too. They probably spent over half an hour designing their trees.


Nolan's tree had a lot of leaves and he drew a "bird" and some "nests" in the tree.


Matt drew roots to his tree, and some worms on the ground. "Most of the leaves have fallen from my tree, Mommy, and there are worms in the ground."

The kids had a great time with this project - and it was really easy to do, which is a huge plus in my book!

No comments: