Saturday, May 16, 2009

Coloring on Rocks

It can be hard to find craft activities that both boys will enjoy, since Nolan is very young to participate in all things crafty. A mom in our "two-by-two's" (preschool) class told us about coloring on hot rocks, so I thought I'd try it.

Nolan couldn't color on the warm rocks -I was worried he'd pick up a rock that was still a tad too warm. He helped us find and wash the rocks, which was great entertainment for the both of them. I didn't realize how much fun rock-washing could be!


Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket



Matt and I colored them while Nolan was taking his nap. The rocks were warm, but not hot since we didn't want any fingers getting hurt! The wax from the crayons melts on the rocks, which Matt thought was neat. The finished rocks were then relocated to the fairy house in the woods.


Photobucket




Photobucket

No comments: