Friday, May 1, 2009

In Which Matt Becomes an Author

I asked Matthew what craft he would like to do the other day, and he told me that he would like to write a book. About strawberries. I wrote down the words he dictated, and he drew the pictures. I was pretty impressed with the strawberry he drew- he just turned three in December!



Strawberries: By Matthew

Strawberries taste like jelly beans. They are red.

I like to eat strawberries. Mommy likes strawberries. Daddy likes strawberries. Nolan likes strawberries.

Strawberries taste like macaroni and cheese. I love macaroni and cheese. The End.

His reference to macaroni and cheese takes a bit of explanation. He loves macaroni and cheese, therefore anything that he likes "tastes like macaroni and cheese." If something "tastes like macaroni and cheese," then he is simply saying that he likes it. It makes perfect sense when you're three!


No comments: