Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Santa Barbara Zoo: California Vacation, Day 9

The day was sunny and bright, so we headed up to Santa Barbara with my mom. I love State Street and the ocean front in Santa Barbara - shopping in brilliant sunlight and watching the kite surfers take to the waves. After eating lunch and stopping in at Sur la Table, we went to the zoo.


The animals were really active and the views simply can't be beat. We saw several animals that don't exist in our local zoos (like flamingos) and enjoyed the fresh air.

 In an aviary

Big tortoises 

Looking at the animals. 

Flamingos! 

Smaller than a gorilla 

Having fun with Grandma 

He hatched! 

Sliding down the hill 

Having fun! 

In the children's garden 

Penguin!

After the zoo, we stopped by the playground across the street to allow the boys to run off some steam. We wanted to head home before traffic started to pile up on the 101, so we were on our way by 3:30pm. 





That night, my grandmother and Aunt L. came over to visit. It was so nice to see them, and the boys were able to see their great grandmother. We actually managed to get a picture of the four generations, which I am grateful for.

My dad, me, my grandmother, and the boys

2 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh my gosh, I can hardly keep up with all the fun you had on your vacation... and look at your happy, tan face!

I think something inside us opens up and blossoms in the sunshine at the beach :D

Julie

dlefler said...

Oh, I love the beach. The sun, the smell of the water, the sound of the waves... ahhhh.... too bad the snow's about to start flying in WNY!