Monday, June 21, 2010

The Best 5.6 Seconds of Summer

Water balloons take a surprisingly long time to fill and tie off. After half an hour, my fingers were pruny and shaking from tying off so many tiny balloons. I thought, perhaps, I had tied hundreds of balloons, but once I looked into the box, I realized there were only about thirty.

I gathered the kids and explained the rules:

No throwing balloons at anyone's face.
Only take one balloon at a time.
Don't eat the balloons.*

The kids gathered around the box, and for a full 5.6 seconds, sheerest glee was heard in the realm of Lefler.



My next task is to train the children how to tie off balloons, so that I can have cheap labor more balloons at the next swimming play-date.

Happy first day of summer!

*This was directed more at my children, who have a propensity to eat things they shouldn't.

1 comment:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh fun, fun, fun!

And I'm laughing out loud, having clicked through to your $3.96 post, which I had NOT seen before!

Oops!

Julie