Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Busy Bee

When Matt was a baby, I couldn't wait until he said his first word. As it turns out, that took a little longer than expected. I also couldn't wait to see his first real drawings- I wanted to see what ideas were in his head; the things that interested him. That was going to take a little longer than expected, too. His first words were at 2 1/2 (most babies start speaking at 12 months) and his first drawings weren't produced until well over the age of four.

Matt's fine motor skills aren't exactly well-developed. In fact, it was only six months ago that he stopped eating crayons and started to scribble with them. In the last week, he has experienced an "art explosion," drawing and creating many pictures. I am so, so excited to see Matt's ideas and thoughts put on paper- he likes insects and boats a lot.

Without further ado, I present his first "true" drawing, The Bee:

1 comment:

MB said...

That is one cute bee!