Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Vacuum Automatical

Toys were everywhere. Everywhere, I tell you. Somehow the playroom had exploded and deposited Duplos, Hot Wheels, and blocks across every square inch of our family room.

After stepping on one too many Duplo bricks, I made the decree: "All toys shall be cleared from this land!"

I ignored complaints of tired arms, noodly legs, and fingers that suddenly wouldn't work, and left my two small boys in charge of cleaning up the mess. When I returned a few minutes later to check on the progress, nearly all the toys were in the exact same disordered state. All of the toys, that is, except for the Duplo blocks that went into this creation:

Exasperated, I inquired as to the status of Operation Cleanup. Matt held up his creation amidst the mess and declared, "I invented the Vacuum Automatical! It will clean the mess for us!"

Nice try, kid. Nice try.

1 comment:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Woo-hoo!

Bring one out to my house!

Love the creativity... and the wishful thinking!

Julie